Saturday, November 11, 2006

Spare TV Announcers

Spare TV announcers are driving me crazy. I'm watching the Texas - Kansas State game on ESPN and these spares are killing me. Mispronunciation of names , idle chatter during plays, where is Craig Way (Texas' radio announcer) when I need him?

While I'm on the subject...Jason and I attended the WVU - Cincinnati game in person today. Late in the fourth quarter we slipped out and went in the team shop in the north end zone. ESPN2 was broadcasting the game, and what do I hear?....another spare announcing team. I'm sorry, I know this will be offensive, but there is just NO PLACE for women football announcers in the booth. Women on the sidelines (i.e. Lesley Visser, Erin Andrews) are fine, but don't put a woman in the booth telling me how MY TEAM should be playing the game. BTW, looks like my Texas boys are going down to Kansas State. Can't believe it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a bold one bro callin out the lady announcers.

David M. Coe said...

Ouch!

You had better run and hide like Elijah did from Jezebel!

BTW - we watched the game on TV. My wife made the comment - "why do they have a lady announcing this game?"

So - you're not alone. There are even some women on your side.

Scott Bates said...

hey russ...how bout those HOGS!
I think we may jump over WVU in the BCS this week.

Russ said...

you will...for now

Anonymous said...

Man! I can't believe you said that and took one for the team. Have you joined us in the cave dwellers society yet?

Russ said...

ladies everywhere are conspiring against me, but I'm not backing down. The woman's place is on the field, not in the booth. Can you imagine John Madden sharing the booth with Lesley Visser? I didn't think so. Un-American. End rant.