Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Parenting 401 (Surgical Procedures)

One of the higher level skills involved in parenting is that of a surgeon. Yesterday afternoon Ryan came home from school with a nice size splinter in his middle finger and he refused to let me "operate", so we waited until Belinda came home yesterday evening. She put on her "surgeon" hat and proceeded to attempt to remove the splinter. I played the role of the restrainer as Ryan viewed the procedure as if we were trying to amputate his arm. Oh well, after 45 minutes of wrangling, coaching, coaxing, poking, and restraining, the splinter was successfully removed.

Maybe this is how God feels when He is trying to mold me and shape me into what He wants me to be, but I persist in my resistance and try to fix my own problems.

"I am the Lord who heals you." - Exodus 15:26

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting thought. :)

Thanx!