Wednesday, November 15, 2006

How About a Little Sunshine?






One of my shortcomings is my tendency for my mood to correspond with the latest weather pattern of the week. My biggest complaint with WV life is the number of grey, cloudy, often foggy days during the year. According to statistics, North Central WV receives an average of 186 days of sunshine per year, compared to 230 days of sunshine in Dallas, Texas (my previous abode). Contrast that with Phoenix, which receives 300 days of sunny bliss per year.

For the past two weeks, we have been in a weather pattern complete with dark grey clouds, rain, heavy rain, drizzle, and dense fog (which is worse because I live on the mountain). This morning we awoke to watch a beautiful sunrise out of our bedroom window, only for the clouds to roll in from the west an hour later. The 10 day forecast is calling for more of the same, the only change being chances for snow showers over the weekend.

If things don't change soon, I'm going to need to rehab in Phoenix, a welcome excuse to hang out with Belinda's Grandma Jan. Fiesta Bowl anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to pray for you to have some sunny days!

Anonymous said...

your description reminds me of my college days in PA (Messiah College). It seemed like every fall brought more and more dreary, cloudy, grey, rainy days than the year before.

I am in for some bowlin!

Bro. Matt said...

Raindrops keep falling on my head...

Anonymous said...

Smiles are like rays of sun. :) Cheese!

Anonymous said...

Hey man - I'll be glad when you come out of this fog - I keep checkin' your blog - but it's like you're out for a jog, or stuck in a bog, playin' wit the dog...

Anyway, that's enough bad rap for now. Just wanted to say hey.