Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Out of the Blogging Fog

Sorry for the recent blogging hiatus. Late last week I went through a case of writer's block, general busyness preparing for Sunday, and then headed for the woods for the first two days of deer season (gun).

Now for some random thoughts concerning the last few days. Attendance nose dived on Sunday due to Thanksgiving break. 75% of the church was gone. Now in the past I would have been ready to go jump off of Blackwater Falls, but this time I really didn't care and took it all in stride. What makes our church really cool and unique is the same thing that causes a mass exodus for the holidays. And that's fine with me.

Morgantown High won again Friday night against Robert C Byrd (Clarksburg) 33-14 to set up a state semifinal showdown with #1 Parkersburg Friday night. Morgantown and Parkersburg are the two most storied programs in West Virginia football and this one is shaping up to be a classic. If anyone would like to make the trip with me Friday night, let me know.

When WVU and Louisville play to a 44-34 score, all of the media pundits declare that both teams have great offenses and lousy defenses, and hint at the inferiority of the Big East. When Ohio State - Michigan play to a 42-39 final score, everyone deems it an instant classic. Hmm.

My fantasy team choked against Matt Brann's "Takin It On the Chin" squad. I was alone in first place at 7-3 and now I'm in a 5 way tie for first place. It was a perfect storm blowing against my squad, "WV's Finest". Everyone had to go wrong for me to lose, and it did.

Sunday afternoon I headed out to Barbour County to hunt for a couple of days which I will discuss in the next post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' forward to hearing how you fared in mine and Dan's hills!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Well let the debate begin. When you are looking forward to a matchup with unbeaten "RUTGERS" to save your season after choking at the "Ville". only to have lowly UC knock off "RUTGERS" to leave you NO chance to even win the Big East, what do you expect? You know you cant spell least with out the Big East. The Bucks WILL be in the National title game. Just a couple of weeks ago the talk was which one loss team would get a chance: USC, Florida, Arkansas, Texas, oops I said a couple of weeks ago, Texas now has two losses, one to the Bucks and one to ???? not even a significant enough team I can remember.

Now let me lay out who will get to play the Bucks. Currently it is 2 UM 3 USC 4 Florida 5 Notre Dame 6 Arkansas 7 WVU. Ok lets say ND beats USC. Mich already pounded ND in their house so Mich stays #2. If that happens Florida would have to beat Arkansas, but some readers may not think that is going to happen, to possibly get to play the Bucks. So the only teams with a legit shot to play the Bucks are UM, USC and Florida. Why you may ask can't Arkansas play in the title game? How about 50-14, in their own house!!!!!!!!!! Enough said. So that brings us back to the DII Mountaineers, from the Big Least. I believe I said back in the summer that if WVU didn't go undefeated with their schedule that Rodriguez should be fired. So I guess an Ohio State assistant will be in Morgantown on 1/9 after winning the National Title to interview for the WVU job. Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!