Monday, August 07, 2006

Thoughts from Yesterday


I kicked off the Armor All series (Eph. 6) yesterday. On what seemed like a down day in attendance we still had 52 which is good. Can't wait for the students to return in 2 weeks. David and the band introduced a new song with a spiritual warfare theme that was really awesome.
Several people mentioned that the message impacted them and that Satan needs to be exposed more often. That was affirming for me, because I haven't preached since February and its hard to communicate effectively when you're out of the groove. I have to admit that I struggle with my confidence in the area of preaching, desiring only excellence. I am glad to have this first message under my belt and am looking forward to the next two weeks as we pursue putting on the full armor of God.


2 comments:

David M. Coe said...

Russ,

We missed you at the softball game. Maybe next time.

Are you going to upload the audio to your sermon series to the church website?

Dave

Russ said...

Dave,

Right now we are having technical difficulties recording our messages. We are going to try to get that fixed ASAP.