Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Small Groups Produce Life Change

Tonight our new small group, born out of our original Tuesday group met for the first time. Our new group consists of four families and two single men, representing four counties: Fayette County, PA, Monongalia County, WV, Preston County, WV, and Marion County, WV. Don't ask me how this happened, especially since we tried to keep people together on a geographical basis and on the basis of affinity. Other than our geographical challenges, I think we do and will gel together quite nicely. Andy Stanley and Northpoint Church gives their people childcare stipends to attend small groups -- I think we are going to need gas stipends.

I couldn't have asked for a better first meeting for our group. The experts say to put in at the beginning what you want at the end. Well tonight, one of our single moms who is getting married next month accepted Christ as her Savior. I got to close the deal by sharing Scripture with her and showing her how to pray, but her good friend Amanda got her to that point by loving her, being there for her, and sharing what Christ has done in her own life. They didn't need me. It fires me up to see God working through Amanda to lead her friend to Christ. I'm praying for more successes like this one to take place in our small group ministry: StoneBridgers building relationships with people and helping them cross the threshold to a point placing their faith in Christ. I can't wait until next Wednesday night.

2 comments:

Sheff said...

That's what it's all about!!! Amen & Amen!

Aaron Johnson said...

It is great to see God moving in your small groups!