Wednesday, November 28, 2007

KJV-Only Question Makes the Republican Presidential Debate

I'm watching the debate, and CNN is showing YouTube videos of people fielding questions for the candidates. A guy comes on the video and asks, "Do you believe that every word of the Bible is true?", which is a great question. He then does a close up of his Bible and shows the binding which reads, King James Version. He then makes a statement inferring that the KJV is the only Bible, but the panel doesn't pick up on it.

Rudy Guiliani made a statement that some "stories" such as Jonah are allegorical and not literal. Mike Huckabee knocked the question out of the park and stated firmly that the Bible is God's inspired Word to us, without any error.

8 comments:

Billy Howard said...

He is the man! I loved the Hilary to mars comment too!

Nathan Rogers said...

I caught the whole KJV thing too. Interresting! Huckabee smirked like he understood it though. I am glad you noticed that too. Means I aint the only one.

Aaron Johnson said...

I thought Huckabee kicked it out. I was a little disappointed with Guiliani's response too. I was watching the debate on a 15 inch T.V. and missed the whole KJV part. Crazy stuff!

Billy Howard said...

I can't believe how close it seems that we will have a Baptist president! :)

Jonathon D Smith said...

Hey Russell, I think Mike Huckabee is going to be the man for the Republicans when its all done. He's really starting to emerge. Don't know about VP. I'd like to see him get Jeb Bush for his VP?

Nathan Rogers said...

Hey Billy - We have already had a Baptist President! Bill Clinton was a member of Immanuel Baptist in Little Rock! See how that one worked out;-)

Andrew said...

wvu is going down!!!!! Boomer Sooner!!!!

Billy Howard said...

Nate,

I meant to say Baptist Preacher President! sorry.

You are right, Bill did carry his Bible under his arm! :)