Monday, May 28, 2007

A Special Day

Yesterday was a really awesome day that I can't really put into words. My Mom and Dad, and Belinda's Dad came into town before the weekend to see my son Ryan baptized yesterday. We spent Friday and Saturday camping at Spruce Knob Lake which I'll post about later.

Yesterday my Dad preached at our church for the first time, encouraging us to build a church Jesus's way, found in John 4. He disected how Jesus had compassion for the Samaritan woman and how he interacted with her to bring her to the Truth. Two teenagers indicated that they accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior yesterday! Our good friends Bill and Becky Williams came over from Inwood along with their daughter Christie Tucker and her son Andrew. They are our "West Virginia family", so it was great to have them join us yesterday.

After the service, we headed to White Day Creek for our baptism service. This is the second time we have had a baptism service here (Memorial Day 2005). I can't really put into words how it felt to baptize Ryan. He accepted Christ in September after his 1st grade teacher shared the gospel with her class. Linda Morris will always have a special place in our hearts for what she has done for Ryan this year in class. Hillery Chadderton was also baptized yesterday. She is truly a dynamo who is turning the world upside down for Jesus.

Here are some pics from the day.







2 comments:

Sheff said...

It's great to be working with you in West Virginia. I am so thankful to God for what He is doing in our church! I think we are about to see something great take place! I'm ready to DIVE IN!

Tim said...

i still remember your dads iron skillet corn bread, it was delicious.

it is amazing how much teachers affect their students, whether in the positive or negative.

Also I am still anxiously awaiting the Calvary Henderson pics!!!!!