Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Wife is on Steroids


So...I'm enjoying a nice tranquil Mother's Day afternoon reading the Sunday paper, when Belinda walks by with a...bathroom sink in her arms. She had gone in our master bathroom to begin cleaning the house and noticed the vinyl floor separating from the subfloor by the shower. What did she do? She ripped the floor out...ripped the toilet out...ripped the vanity out...tore the medicine cabinet out...and ripped the sink out...all while I'm in la la land reading the paper.


So now we're looking at a quick time turnaround bathroom remodel. My parents and father-in-law are coming into town from Texas a week from Thursday, and we're gonna need that bathroom. Looks like we're gonna put mosaic tile or 6X6 terra cotta tile on the floor and on the walls to four feet, put in an old fashioned pedestal sink, new faucet, and new cabinet over the toilet. Pray for me.

4 comments:

Midwest Razorback said...

HA HA HA HA HA!

Walking by carrying a sink. That's great!

Ugh! I hate remodeling. Have fun buddy.

David M. Coe said...

Our women must be cut from the same cloth.

A few years ago I was south preaching a revival meeting. When I came home one internal wall of my 90 year old home WAS GONE! My front yard was filled with that old time plaster and the inside was filled with plaster dust!

To top it off... we had out of state family coming in and I HAD TO finish the project before they arrived!

Women!

Kevin Higgins said...

Having fun yet?

Russ said...

no fun yet...details coming soon