Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Organic Church Movements


Friday morning I'm catching a red eye flight to LA for an Organic Church Movements conference. I'm attending this conference thanks to the generosity of Mike Prince and Reach America, who are funding this trip by sending me and several other pastor/planters from around the country.

To be honest, I'm really not sure what to expect at this conference. Now I am really pumped about hearing Neil Cole (author/inventor of Life Transformation Groups) speak, but other than him, I am not familiar with any of the other speakers. The one thing I can guarantee is that I WILL BE STRETCHED, which is a good thing. Here are some of the presenters and their topics.
  • Neil Cole - "Why I didn't take the blue pill: The dark side of Organic Church"
  • Reggie McNeal - "Qualities of a Missional Leader"
  • Alan Hirsch - "Jesus made me do it -- acting our way into new ways of thinking"
  • Ori Brafman - "Starfish Organizations - the unstoppable power of decentralized movements"
  • Felicity Dale - "Mobilizing the other half of the army -- women in leadership roles"
  • Wolfgang Simson - "Thinking prophetically and acting apostolically"

Here are the breakouts I plan on attending:

  • Richard Flemming - "Marketplace movements"
  • Panel Discussion - "Transitioning conventional churches to organic churches"
  • Jaeson Ma - "Campus organic church movements"
  • Brad Fieldhouse and Eric Swanson - "Transforming Cities from the grass roots"

I'll blog more on this from California and when I get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish I could be there