Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good Friends and Thoughts on the 80's

Had a pleasant surprise in my inbox this morning... I received an email from an old high school friend from the Grand Prairie High Class of '91. Stacy had googled my name and found our StoneBridge site, then emailed me through our contact page. It was great hear from her, now happily married and the mother of two boys living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, after spending time in Mississippi and New Orleans. The great thing about Stacy is that she was such a true, genuine friend to me during our time walking the halls of GPHS. In a time in my life where there were so many distractions and temptations as I tried to follow Christ, she was a spiritual rock, a true example of what a Jesus follower should be. I am thankful that God placed people like Stacy in my life during that crucial season in my life. She truly lived out the principle of Proverbs 27:17 in my life. Thanks, Stacy for being a great friend.

The other day while I had the flu, I was laying on the couch watching "Yearbook" on the Discovery Times channel. They were reviewing the year 1988, and it caused be to look back and reminisce on everything that was going on in my life at the time. Sometimes I miss the '80's. Air Jordans. Members Only Jackets (5th grade). Big Hair. Paula Abdul (pre-American Idol). Larry vs Magic. GPHS Homecoming Traditions (collecting real estate signs, VW beetles, and Kip's Big Boy and depositing them on the front lawn of the high school). GPHS's last football playoff win (1989). Really large computers.

Would love to know your favorite memories from the 80's. And your favorite high school memories. Or how your high school friends impacted your life in a positive/negative way.

No comments: