Saturday, January 06, 2007

FBC Student Retreat

I just returned from Terra Alta, WV this evening from FBC Inwood's student retreat. FBC is our sending church, and I had a good time hanging out with their people last night and today. Aaron and I were on schedule to speak during the weekend. Aaron spoke last night and I spoke this afternoon. This morning, the group headed out to Wisp ski resort in McHenry, Maryland for a two hour tubing session. Fortunately, there was just enough snow to tube on, although the majority of the ski runs are closed. We are in the midst of our warmest winter in 130 years in this area.

This afternoon I spoke concerning avoiding temptation looking at the life of Joseph and his encounter with Potiphar's wife. I encouraged the students to: 1) make predecisions before encountering temptation 2) maintain distance from tempting situations 3) think consequentially and 4) when all else fails, put on their running shoes. I thoroughly enjoyed my time this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your running shoes illustration with Joseph is a personal favorite of mine - "Joe Jacobson" was an awesome series!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that they were able to tube. Our Winter Retreat is January 19th and we are currently praying for some colder weather so that we can tube that Friday night.