Friday, December 21, 2007

Tejas Update

Wednesday evening we caught an earlier flight by flying standby and literally had to run thru the terminal to catch our flight as our names were being paged. Catching this flight got us into Dallas at 8 PM instead of 11:30 PM. Thank you Lord. We are enjoying our time here. Getting used to fighting Dallas traffic on the freeways and in the mall parking lots.

My Mom wanted our family and my brother's family to open our gift last night. We didn't argue with that and now the Knights are the proud owners of a Nintendo Wii System! I think I am just as excited as the kids about that.

Got started reading E.M Bounds on prayer on the plane. It's good deep stuff and its exactly what I need right now.

2 comments:

yohoster said...

Wii is awesome. I was hoping for one but it doesn't look like that is happening. Gonna have to buy one after the holiday. Tennis is amazing!

David P Smith said...

EM Bounds is awesome on prayer. He says things about prayer that never crossed my mind before. He has many other great books that will stimulate the spirit.
Charles Stanley wrote a great book on prayer that is well worth reading.
Just a thought about something to pray for: Could we start praying and fasting about church planting in the ABA? I believe it is critical. They had a day of fasting and prayer in the Florida school over this very thing. Maybe we should get it started?