Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Saturday of Missed Opportunities


It's taken me a while to get over what happened on Saturday. And I'm not only referring to THE GAME. Around 2:30 PM, after Ryan's basketball game (his team won 34-0), I headed out to the woods for one last crack at getting a buck this season). Didn't see anything until 4:30 pm, when I glanced to my left, and saw a MONSTER buck staring at me. As I lifted my rifle to take a shot, he calmly trotted off into some cover and I never got off a shot.

I figured I'd go home and heal my wounds by watching WVU wrap up its National Championship bid, and well, you know what happened. Morgantown on Sunday was like a funeral procession, and it was hard to overcome the mood during our worship service.

I'm excited about the Fiesta Bowl, because I believe we're playing a National Championship caliber team in Oklahoma. In fact, I think this will be a tougher assignment then playing Ohio State in the "National Championship". Playoffs anyone?

1 comment:

Nathan Rogers said...

Playoffs for sure! And 34-0? Wow dude, talk about domination. Spurrier coach that team?