Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snow Day

We are enjoying our first snowfall of the season. The kids were out of school today and are off tomorrow due to the weather. After I finished a CityReach Board conference call, I headed to Barbour County to hunt in the snow with Belinda's boss and his son.

We saw a bunch of deer and I'm happy to report that all three of us got a deer. I killed mine around 4 PM when about 5 deer darted through the woods downhill about 120 yards from where I was standing. When I got home I measured our snowfall -- we've got 8 inches!

I'm posting a picture of me with my deer and also my doe from two Saturdays ago. Notice my new goofy hat fad.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hat thing must be a byproduct of spending all that extra time in Barbour County... :-)

yohoster said...

good kill!

Billy Howard said...

Congrats! That deer looks like she's got some thick fur. I know how you feel on the big daddy!