Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Rewriting the 101 and Weekend Tidbits

This week I'm wrestling with rewriting our 101 Membership Class. We've been doing a tweaked version of RICK's 101 class for three years now, and we're tired of it, because we're not passionate about the material, as we would be if it were more customized to our city and church. We've got a crew of about 10 folks ready to take the class.

This weekend was insane if you're a college football fan. I think WVU still has a shot to work their way back up the rankings and at the very least, get an at large bid to one of the BCS games. I believe they will run the table from here on out.

After a great service Sunday morning, I headed to Damon's Grill with my family, David Story, and Jake Holt for some ribs and football. I've never been able to stomach the thought of paying $250 for Directv's Sunday Ticket so I could watch the greatness of the Cowboys every week, so my plan now is to head to Damon's each time they are not broadcast in Steeler's country. My wife Belinda is the best...why? because she had no problem leaving me there the extra 2 1/2 hours after lunch was over to watch the Cowboys whip the Rams. One other interesting note...Marc Bulger's sister Meg was about two booths over from me watching her brother play Sunday. Must have been tough to watch, since he played with two broken ribs and no O-line. Meg is a star basketball player at WVU, but is fighting to come back from a severe knee injury. I hope she makes the comeback for her Senior season.

1 comment:

Scott Bates said...

Russ,
There's a team we can agree on...
Go Cowboys! I just hope this team doesn't implode down the stretch like all the Parcell coached teams have done.