Monday, October 08, 2007

Random Monday Morning Thoughts


Yesterday StoneBridge Church was clicking on all cylinders. We had a good crowd (69) and there was a great vibe at church. One college student, Mollie Burdette, has brought what seems like at least 15 friends to church with her over the last three weeks, so she gets two scratch and sniff stickers this week. :) We had five people go through StoneBridge Boot Camp (101) yesterday. Yes, I'm kidding about the name.

Saturday, our family went to the Mountain State Forest Festival in Elkins. The kids had a great time riding the carnival rides and eating corn dogs and funnel cakes. Belinda and I both commented that we wished there was more of a forest emphasis in the festival, other than highlighting the logging industry (boo!). Another disturbing sight was a Dolly Sods Land Sale booth in the city park. Seems like a land company is selling off 161 acres of privately owed land just a mile from Bear Rocks, a beautiful overlook in the Sods. They are subdividing this land into 2 acre plots, which I'm sure will be bought out by DC metropolitan sorts who'll build second homes on the property. No bueno.

I'll be glad when the summer heat wave in October leaves the area. When I'm sweating setting up church in October, something's not right. The temp is supposed to drop to a high of 59 on Wednesday.

In fantasy football news, I only need 43 yards from Marion Barber tonight to hang a BIG LOSS on Scott Bates, which will most likely put me back in first place in the league.

1 comment:

Scott Bates said...

Okay so I get little press as it is and you include my loss in Fantasy Football? Man, I really wish Barber woulda pulled a hammy Monday night!