Saturday, October 28, 2006

Huddle Post Game

Random thoughts from huddle:

- this year's lineup of presenters was strong. To Larry, Dubs, Mike, Bill, and Kyle: thank for for encouraging me and stretching my mind. Dubs' session on facing discouragment and handling criticism really resonated with me.

- I covet Mike's travel trailer. Seriously, it was the perfect crib for me during the huddle. Kind of like having my own apartment for 3 days. The six gallon hot water heater was a challenge though. The only thing missing was ESPN.

- it's fun watching new church planters come on the scene. I'm glad we're not the news guys on the block anymore and I'm pulling for the OS guys, Chris Barnett, and the Johnson Bros.

- speaking of Chris Barnett, it was great visiting with him again. Chris pastored Vista Pointe in Hobbs, NM when I rolled through there on deputation in November 2002 and it was one of the most enjoyable churches we visited on dep. I'm confident God is going to use Chris to plant a dynamic church in Minneapolis.

- the people at Trinity know how to put on a good feed. They must have read my blog the other day because Wednesday night they served fried catfish and pulled prk BBQ. Mmmm good!

- Johnny Williams is my favorite piano player. Would like to watch him jam with David someday.

- Huddle was a home run. This year I wasn't exactly counting down the days for Huddle to arrive, but I'm already looking forward to next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Huddle was Good, I was talking to one of your players the other day, paul.

Jeff said...

Russ, you guys challenge me and encourage me. Your presentation on Theater Church was exactly what I hoped it would be! I have been interested in this stuff for a while now. I love www.theaterchurch.com! I hope I didn't irritate the crap out of you with all the questions. I am quite sure I'll have more! Love you guys! Keep up the great work there in Morgantown.

Russ said...

thanks Jeff. I'll be praying for you guys and watching closely. I hope you'll join the ranks of theater churches when you guys eventually launch.