Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gobbler Hunt


Yesterday morning, I added something to my list of "firsts": turkey hunting. A friend of mine invited me and 3 other guys to his lodge in Barbour County for spring gobbler season. There's nothing like being in the woods on a cool spring morning in West Virginia. I thank God for allowing me to serve Him in a state that should be designated a National Park -- the entire state.

BTW, I saw three deer, a bobcat, and a ton of squirrels, but no turkeys. On the first day of deer season on the same property, I saw a ton of squirrels, a bunch of turkeys, but no deer. Oh well...

The highlight of the morning was when two of the guys were opposite each other across the woods, and began to call each other in..(turkey call). Just before we had a Dick Cheney moment, they realized their faux paus and enjoyed a good laugh.

1 comment:

Sheff said...

Hey Russ, I thought the Dick Cheney comment was quite funny. I'm glad you had a great time in the woods.