Wednesday, April 25, 2007

NNCC - Day 1

Yesterday, Jason, David, Aaron, Andrew, Shane, Adam, and I caught our red eye flight out of Pittsburgh to Orlando for the first day of the National New Church Conference in Orlando. Here are some random thoughts from day 1...
  • Wayne Cordeiro hit the ball out of the park in the first plenary session. He spoke about the need to be led by the Holy Spirit and the power that comes from the Spirit in Acts 1:8. His call to personal devotion in the Word and prayer brought me to tears. For more notes from his session, check out Tadd's blog here.
  • Shane Suiter is the loudest sneezer I've ever known. When he went into a sneezing tirade on our flight, he disturbed the entire cabin and caused the flight attendants to bust out laughing.
  • In spite of unrelenting peer abuse, I led the charge to go to Mimi's for lunch by the Mall at Millenia. Their roast beef rocks and the guys were won over by the magic of Mimi's.
  • What's up with the Youth Specialties style hijinx between sessions? A boxing tournament between the sponsors? Come on.
  • They say that the NNCC is several conferences within a conference. Being the trackjumper that I am, I noticed how different the dynamics were within the conference when I jumped from Mark Batterson's "Maximizing Your Environments" in the postlaunch track to "Small Town Church Planting" in the networking track. Totally different demographic makeup of the people in those breakouts and different mindsets. Interesting.

More coming later...

2 comments:

Henry Judy said...

Russell,
You Guys Rock!!! . Man thanks again for the prayer and the new friendship. I am getting the mater list of bloggers together as well as a master list of conference notes. If you want a set of each email me or post a comment on my blog @
www.lifepointblog.tv

We will stay in touch
later
Henry Judy

Russ said...

It was great meeting you this week, Henry. I look forward to talking with you in the future and watching your church plant's progress in Florida.