Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Delayed Thoughts From the MABA

Jason, Aaron, and Scott have already posted recaps from last weekend's Mid-Atlantic Baptist Association meeting in Littlestown (Gettysburg area) Pennsylvania. Well, I'm a slow newsman and I don't want to rehash what they said, but I thought I would share some random thoughts from the weekend.
  • The MABA is the best association in the ABA. Hands down. There's liberty to do your thing and be different. Lots of diversity in methodology, yet we all seem to get along well, enjoy each other's company, and share a common desire to advance the Kingdom.
  • Our meeting locations are interesting and fun. In 2005 and 2006, we rode the Metro in Washington DC to get to the meetings, even coming into DC on Amtrak from Cumberland MD in 2006. This year's meeting led us to Gettysburg. Great destinations compared to the East Texas meeting locations in my former life.
  • It's just not a MABA meeting without egg salad sandwiches, fried chicken, and crowded basement level fellowship halls. This was true when I attended these meetings in the '70's and '80s and it's true now. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Good stuff.
  • It would be cool to host the MABA at the Warner Theatre. A little taste of theater church. Maybe in 09.

3 comments:

R. L. Vaughn said...

Bro. Knight,

Back in 1996, I engaged in collecting minutes of all the local, state, and regional associations affiliated with the ABA. When I noticed your post here, it made me think of the subject, and that it is about time to do that again.

Who would I need to contact for a minute book of the Mid-Atlantic Association? You can reply to me by e-mail if you wish:
rl_vaughn -at - yahoo.com

I am Matt Gholson's uncle (in case you wish to check on the legitimacy of this request). Thanks.

Bro. Matt said...

Hey Russell,

Don't hold the uncle stuff against him!

Bro. Matt said...

Don't hold the uncle thing against him!