Sunday, February 04, 2007

Why We Do What We Do

Today reminded me why I do what I do...we had an fantastic day of worship and celebration. This morning we kicked off our "God in Your iPod" series with Jason hitting a home run with "Waiting on the World to Change" by John Mayer. He look at the world changers in Acts 17. I especially love verse 6, "Those who have turned the world upside down have come here too." I long for the day when people can say that Morgantown has been turned upside by followers of Jesus.


At 4PM, we gathered at Morgantown Bible Church for a time of worship and celebration. The highlight was seeing Christa and Stephen baptized. Christa is a WVU varsity cheerleader and has been hosting a small group in her apartment since September. She has a passion for following God's plan for her life and is really seeking what plan will be. Stephen is a student at Fairmont State who accepted Christ a couple of years ago. He is being salt and light to his unbelieving friends and family. He was so excited about being baptized that he really pumped me up and made my week.






1 comment:

Tadd Grandstaff said...

that's awesome bro...I am really glad for you guys!