Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Kicked Out of Mosaic

Gotta share a funny story from my LA trip...On Sunday night after the conference was over, all 8 of us crammed into the Expedition and headed from LAX to downtown LA to check out Mosaic. Well, it was an incredible experience and was great to hear Erwin McManus begin his message series on "Soul Cravings". He gave away a free copy of his new book to all the guests in the house, so we all walked away with the book.

We were about ready to leave after the service when my buddy Jeff decides he wants to meet McManus, who is in an area on the 2nd floor set up for counseling. Well, Jeff goes up and shakes his hand and tells him who he is and Erwin waves him off and says, "Hey man, this is for people who don't know God".

Well, we all laughed at Jeff pretty hard and are still giving him the business for that one. Had to share that. Sorry Jeff for busting you in the blogosphere. I've got one coming.

At least you got to shake his hand.

2 comments:

Sheff said...

That is too funny!

Jeff said...

Yeah, I knew this was coming. I was actually the only one stupid enough to walk up to the guy. I mean he had only preached 5 sermons in four different locations all over LA that day! :) I thought he might rub some of his magic ministry dust on me. He didn't!

BTW, this was one of the most incredible churches I had ever been to. Erwin preached a great message, the music was hittin' it, and the atmosphere was quite indescribable. It was interesting worshiping alongside of 400 Los Angeles urbanites!

Thanx!