Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm In a Pit..Somebody throw me a Rope

My blogging has been infrequent for some time now. Not sure if that is a symptom of a greater problem or not. Had a good week last week, and really enjoyed my message prep and getting to speak Sunday. I'm doing a two part series on marriage and dating principles, and having the proper perspective for what God desires for our futures. I think the message really hit home for a lot of folks based on several comments after the service.

Since Sunday, this week has really begun to drain me. Found out today that a young couple that had visited three times has decided to join the local megachurch down the road which is also much closer to their house. Belinda has been working crazy hours on probably the largest project she's ever had to manage in her life and tomorrow is her deadline and its 3:30 in the morning and she is still at work, which is not cool.

Do any of you ever get to the desire to stick a "for sale" sign in the yard, pack up the car, and head out for a destination unknown? That's about how I feel right now. I've had it.

I'm sure all this will pass, tomorrow is a new day, but right now I just need to vent. LIft up a prayer for the Knight family when you have a spare moment.

3 comments:

Aaron Johnson said...

Praying for you bro. Keep your chin up!

Billy Howard said...

Praying for you Russell.

Greg Jenkins said...

I'm praying for you, too. I've been there a lot of times --- been in ministry for a long time. (Should I say, "Get used to it"? No, maybe not.)