Saturday, March 03, 2007

Date Night




Last night, I surprised Belinda by arranging an overnight date at Mountain Creek Cabins near Coopers Rock State Forest. I spent most of the day making the arrangements...getting world champion babysitter Loren to watch the kids, making the reservation, packing her an overnight bag, and planning dinner and breakfast at the cabin. For dinner, I planned to grill the best two steaks I could find in Kroger, saute' asparagus, boiled tiny red potatoes, and frozen white corn. I even made a homemade marinade for the steak with Lea and Perkins worchestershire sauce, olive oil, and balsalmic vinegar. I picked her up from work yesterday afternoon and unveiled the surprise when we pulled up to the cabin.


We had a great time, enjoying rare solitude without the usual distractions, watching Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, and chilling in the hot tub on the deck watching the snow come down.


It is a rarity that Belinda and I get away like this, even for a night on the town. I'm going to do my best to plan date nights on a more regular basis.


Guys, we've got to go out of our way to romance our wives! Just like we did when we were dating. When the kids come along, it gets exponentially more difficult to do this, so we've got to gthe extra mile to make it happen. I am a firm believer that a little romance = healthy relationships with our wives = happier kids = healthier relationships outside the home.


Next Friday one of our college small groups is sponsoring a date night for couples by babysitting kids at the activity center of Morgantown Bible Church. I love the missional heart of these guys and girls. Hey guys at StoneBridge, here's your chance to leave your kids in a safe and fun environment and take your sweetheart out for a romantic adventure.

2 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Thank You Thank You Thank You - gotta get my husband to read your blog immediately! Ha :)

Jeff said...

Two thumbs up my bro! Way 2 go!

Thanx!