Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back from Texas Church Planting Conference

Last night I got home from a one day church planting conference at Calvary Baptist in Henderson. I was asked to come and give an hour talk about portable church and doing church at the movies. I missed my connection to Longview, got stranded in Dallas, and got to spend the night with my Mom and Dad and ride down to the conference with my Dad on Tuesday morning. I had a great time, ate some good local food (catfish, BBQ, Fillin' Station) and got to hang out with old friends.

One of the trip highlights was getting to spend a lot of time with Bobby Ball and Bill Kuykendall after the conference. Bobby has transitioned a church in Washington State and has done a phenomenal job. He shared several great insights and ideas that I am chewing on for possible application in Morgantown. Bobby and I spent Tuesday evening after the conference visiting with Bill in his home. I consider Bill Kuykendall a friend and a mentor in my ministry. He was extremely influential in my life, especially during my seminary days in Henderson Spending the evening in his living room was a conference all by itself and was worth the trip to Texas.

By the way, Calvary's new worship center is incredible. Pictures coming soon to this blog.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I miss the Fillin Station