Thursday, December 14, 2006

Top Ten Campsites in WV (Continued)

David Letterman only wishes his top ten lists were this suspenseful...picking up from where we left off on September 30th...

#6 - Red Creek Campground - Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV

Red Creek Campground is another Monongahela National Forest campground perched high on the Allegheny Front at 4,000 feet. The weather is unpredictable and snow can be expected any time from September through late April. Red Creek is small, with only 12 sites. If it is full, there are several undeveloped sites within 300 yards of Forest Road 75 which I will discuss in more detail later in the top ten. There are no showers (sorry ladies), but hiking opportunities are abundant with several trailheads within one mile of the campground. These trails pass through open plains, spruce thickets, northern hardwoods, across beautiful mountain streams, and generally offer some of the best unspoiled scenery WV has to offer. Red Creek would also probably rank #1 in stargazing potential out of all the places we have visited in WV.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i have been waiting on the edge of my sear for #6. g

Anonymous said...

man i have been waiting on the edge of my sear for #6. g

Anonymous said...

sorry dude, for some reason it posted twice and then i noticed i misspelled seat and used sear. fill free to delete my comments.

Anonymous said...

Not very often some goof-ball comments three times in a row, especially illiterate ones! :) I love this top 10 list. I can't wait for more!

Anonymous said...

jeff, you can just shut your mouth. i guess i'm going to have to make a trip to Olive Branch to take care of a little mouthin. i still like the word sear in my comment it fits really well.

Russ said...

i don't expect good spelling and grammar from people who live in arkansas and louisiana

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs to calm down! Can't we all just get along? =)

Russ said...

don't get me wrong. I love you guys, but I understand your limitations. :)

Anonymous said...

My, my, my! Come on now! :)