Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Camp Rewind


Enjoyed last week at Summit Lake Camp in Maryland. We essentially run two camps in one: preteens and teens with separate programming for each group. For the past three years I have been in charge of preteen recreation. The highlight of rec for the week (in my opinion) was playing Ultimate Dodgeball on Thursday afternoon where 4 teams of 20 kids each square off against each other at once. They rush in from four corners to several large trash cans filled with giant kickballs, kickballs, pool noodles, and tennis balls. It was crazy fun, except for the complaints about the ferocity of the tennis balls (oops).

My 7 year old son Ryan make his rookie debut at camp. Twenty minutes into the week, he wanted to run off and play. When I went to look for him, he was playing in a 5 on 5 game of hoops with about 9 guys over 6 foot tall. He had a blast all week. I guess I'm getting old, because I set a personal record for my earliest bedtimes ever at a church camp. I was in bed by 10:45 just about every night.

There were several professions of faith for the week which was encouraging. Jason's messages were in the pocket and David brought a good energy to lead our evening worship sessions throughout the week.

1 comment:

Sheff said...

I love this picture of you and Ryan!